Monday, September 26, 2011

[CE] A Hero



    All I can do is watch, listen and at try to imagine what this man is feeling.  I mean he is brave to enter the army, and fight for his country but for him to be short of breath because one of his lungs is somewhat deflated it hard to feel.  Sure I have felt short of breath at times and I breath slowly to catch my breath, but in comparison to what this man is feeling is just unimaginable.  1st SGT Mike, the medic of their squad was a hero to have so quickly reinflate his lungs so that he can breath and this is a miracle.  Another amazing moment is that once Mike had inflated his lungs, that man had enough air to be a pilot and fly a plane back into war.  Bravery, fighting for our country, courage, determination and inspiration are the words I choose to describe everything that is happening in the war.
     There are two sides: one is when someone volunteers to serve their country and goes to war and the second side is when that someone's family is watching him/her go to war.  The one who volunteers knows the risk he or she is taking and wants to serve their country being brave, modest yet determined.  His/her family  can only hope for the best and each day that he/she is gone, they hope and pray that nothing happens for them to return home safe as a happy family again.  There are so much pain and happiness that I have seen through the looks on peoples' faces but I haven't actually felt them.  It's confusing I know.  I have felt the basic pain; when you scrape your knee from tripping on a sidewalk, and happiness; when your little sister graduates from elementary school, but I haven't felt pain of losing someone in a war or death in the matter or happiness/relief from when your brother comes back from the war.  People feel joy inside and happy for those people they see on television but sometimes they never go deeper to try to feel what's been on their mind or in their heart while the event was still happening.  I guess I'm trying to say that I am thankful for having family with me and thankful for soldiers in the war fighting for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment